This upside-down caramelized banana caramel cake is so simple and easy to prepare! Plus, rich, moist and delicious! If you are a fan of banana desserts than you must try this one. It will take your breath away! Try the following recipe:
For the topping:
- 6 medium bananas, peeled (halved lengthways)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 grams melted butter
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 200 grams’ butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
To make the topping:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease an 8-inch (24 cm) springform cake tin.
- Combine brown sugar together with melted butter and spread into the base of the tin.
- Cover with banana halves. Leave aside.
To make the cake:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the caster sugar and butter until thick and pale. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift baking powder and flour together and add into creamed mixture; beat the mixture and gradually add the milk. Continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter over the bananas. Place in the oven and bake for 90 minutes, or just until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove, loosen cake, and then immediately invert on to a serving dish (or the caramelized sugar will stick to the cake tin making it difficult to remove). Allow to cool for 20 minutes; slice and serve.