Tuna-stuffed tomatoes can be an ideal summer breakfast or late night dinner. Nice, simple and easy to prepare, this traditional Italian dish is a healthy meal perfect for your family. Here is the recipe:
- 4 large, firm beef tomatoes
- 150 grams/5 ½ oz. canned tuna in oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Wash the tomatoes and cut off the tops, including the stems, for use as lids. Scoop out the core and seeds with a spoon.
- Salt the insides of the tomatoes, place upside down in a sieve and leave to drain.
- Drain the tuna and flake it with a fork. Peel and chop the eggs. Combine the onion, tuna, and egg with the mayonnaise and parsley, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the filling in the tomatoes, set the tops back on and arrange the filled tomatoes on the lettuce leaves. Serve.