This chocolate Amaretti mousse recipe is so easy and simple to prepare. A good and tasty mousse is always a good idea, especially for weekends! Your family and friends will adore it! The bittersweet chocolate and Amaretti combination is so unique and special – try it:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces’ semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 Amaretti biscuits
- 2 ½ tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional- water can be substituted)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Amaretti biscuits, to garnish (optional)
- In a small heatproof bowl, apply the butter, amaretto/water, and chocolate; microwave in 30 sec. intervals, stirring, until melted and smooth. Allow cooling.
- In a blender or food processor, add the Amaretti biscuits and blend into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, apply the egg yolks, water, and sugar and set over a small pot of barely simmering water. Whisking, cook the mixture until pale and airy.
- Next, remove from the heat, add the Amaretti crumbs and beat with electric mixer, on medium-high speed. Pour the chocolate mixture and whisk shortly to incorporate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites along with the salt until stiff. Add in the vanilla extract and the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Transfer to 4 serving dishes and refrigerate to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with Amaretti biscuits and serve.