Lava cake is always a good idea, especially if the lava is very present and very delicious! This fruit version of the popular mini lava cakes that will take your breath away – your kids will beg for a double portion. Plus, it will take you just 15 minutes to prepare it and another 15 to cook. Here is the recipe:
Servings 2 cakes
- 55 grams granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 115 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons fresh raspberries (about 20 small ones), lightly mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4, and spray 2 ramekins well with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg yolk, egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a microwave, at medium power, melt the butter and chocolate in 30 sec. intervals, until smooth.
- Apply the chocolate mixture to the sugar one and stir just until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir in. Don’t over mix! The cakes will be tough if you do. Just fold in until no more streaks remain. The mixture will be almost as thick as brownie batter and quite sticky.
- Scoop a bit more than one-quarter of the mixture into each of the prepared ramekins.
- Apply half of the mashed raspberries into the middle of each cake (make sure to keep it in the middle as much as possible – not spread out).
- Split the remaining mixture between the ramekins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The surface should not be wet. In case it is, you should keep the mini cakes in the oven for another minute or two until the center is no longer wet. Remember – the toothpick test doesn’t work here.
- Then, remove the cakes from the oven and allow to chill for 15 minutes in the ramekins.
- After that, run a knife around the edge of the desserts and flip out onto the serving dishes.
- And serve immediately!