Really simple and amazingly delicious dessert! Did you know that pumpkin and chocolate are perfect combinations?! A delicious pumpkin chocolate cake with frosting it’s all you need for the season! Celebrate the pumpkin holidays with a simple and easy pumpkin chocolate cake that everybody loves! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 300 grams powdered sugar
- 400 grams butter, unsalted
- 7 eggs, large
- 380 grams self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 grams cocoa powder mixed with 120 ml boiling water (to get a cocoa paste)
For the pumpkin frosting:
- 75 grams butter
- 180 grams powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 250 grams icing sugar
- Around 80-90 ml water
- A few drops of organic orange food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- In a small bowl, combine together the boiling water and cocoa until you get a smooth homogeneous Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Then, apply the cocoa paste, self-rising flour, and baking powder and whisk to an even consistency.
- Take one cupcake case and using the mixture – fill 2/3 of the case. Divide the remaining mixture equally into 2 greased Bundt pans.
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven. It will take you 17 minutes for the cupcake and 33-35 minutes for the Bundt cakes.
- When ready, remove from the oven and let to chill in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting the pans onto a wire rack to release the cakes. Allow cooling
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Beat together powdered sugar, butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice until fluffy and light.
- Sandwich together the 2 Bundt cakes using the pumpkin frosting.
- Then, combine the icing sugar with a little water in order to get a thick icing and color it orange with a few drops of food coloring. Finally, drizzle it over the top of the pumpkin cake.
- Place the baked cupcake in the middle of the top of the cake in order to symbolize the pumpkin handle.
- Slice and serve.