If you are a fan of the world’s top-selling cookies or pancakes or even both – then these cute and creamy Oreo chocolate pancakes will take you to heaven! After eclairs, pancakes are one of the most beloved desserts all around the world and improving their taste will offer you so many beautiful dessert experiences. Plus, they are very simple– you will need about 10 minutes to make them! Here is the recipe:
For the Oreo chocolate pancakes:
- 75 grams plain flour
- 25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30 grams Oreo cookies (3-4 whole cookies)
- 2 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 200 ml of milk
- 110 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
For the filling:
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml of heavy whipping cream
To garnish (optional):
- Chocolate sauce
- Oreo pieces
To make the pancakes:
- In a blender or food processor, add the Oreo cookies and pulse until a fine powder. Then, pour the flour, cocoa, sugar, eggs, salt, milk, water, and melted butter until well incorporated. Set in the fridge for a few minutes to set. In the meantime, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale and creamy. Next, fold in vanilla extract and mascarpone.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream to firm peaks. Add in the mascarpone mixture.
- Set a crêpe pan or medium frying pan over medium-high heat and slowly wipe it with oiled kitchen paper. Once hot, cook the pancakes for one minute on each side until golden. When all the pancakes are fried – it’s time to fill them.
- Spoon 2 ½ tablespoons of the filling and spread over each pancake; wrap and garnish with chocolate sauce and/or sprinkle some crushed Oreo chunks or simply decorate with few berries (if desired). Serve immediately.