This is probably one of most delicious carrot cakes I’ve ever tried, with a moist and soft consistency and rich and refreshing flavor. A moist carrot Bundt cake with refreshing icing is ideal for any season! It goes perfectly with a nice cup of fruit tea (hot or cold) and strong espresso coffee. Try it! It will take you around 5 minutes to prepare it plus 45 minutes to cook. And your kitchen will smell lovely! Here is the recipe:
For the carrot Bundt cake:
- 3 -4 medium carrots (270 grams)
- 160 ml peanut oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 220 grams sugar
- 1 organic orange, grated
- 240 grams flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
For the icing:
- 1 cup icing sugar.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
To make the carrot cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a 24 cm Bundt cake mold. Set aside.
- In the food processor/blender, process the carrots, add the oil and continue to blend until you have a nice orange cream.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together (1-2 minutes) or until they are light and fluffy.
- Then, add the grated orange peel, the blended carrots, and Apply the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mold. Bake for about 40-45 minutes (always do the toothpick test – the cake should be dry).
- Let the cake cool in the mold and then turn it into a wire rack.
To make the icing:
- In a bowl, apply the icing sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of orange juice and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply more water one teaspoonful at a time until the desired consistency is reached; spread it all over the cake. Slice and serve.