A perfectly firm buttercream that everybody loves! This Mochaccino chocolate buttercream is so delicious, creamy but still firm that makes it ideal frosting for each cake. I recommend this buttercream for coffee lovers – it has a nice chocolate-coffee flavor that will bust your energy. Try the recipe:
- 4 ounce (125 grams) high-quality chocolate
- 1 ½ tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- In a small bowl, add chocolate and melt over low heat (or in a microwave for 30 sec.) until melted and smooth. Remove and stir in the espresso powder. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then, apply heavy cream and mix until well combined. Add espresso chocolate mixture and beat until well incorporated.
- Fill or top cookies, cakes, or cupcakes, using a spoon or piping bag. Plus, you can consume it as a dip along with biscuits or cookies.