This milk gelato is one of the most popular Italian ice cream recipes. It is a classic gelato with a nice milky flavor and old-school summer ice cream taste that we all remember. Simple and delicious! Here is the recipe:
Makes around 1 quart
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 7 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, apply the heavy cream and 2 cups milk. Simmer over medium heat.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, pour the remaining milk and stir in the sugar and cornstarch to dissolve.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in the milk-cornstarch Return pan to heat and cook on medium, stirring constantly, till mix comes to a boil and thickens a little, around 10 minutes. Add in apricot preserves, strain into a bowl, and leave aside to cool. Next, cover and put in the fridge until chilled, about 2 to 3 hours.
- To finish, process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.