This Mars rum cake is so rich, crispy and delicious! Simple and easy to prepare, this cake is the ultimate caramel, chocolate, and rum experience – especially if you are a Mars chocolate bars fan. Your family will love it! You can reduce the dose of rum to 1 teaspoon if you planning to serve the cake to children. Here is the recipe:
- 4 Mars Bars
- 80 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 230 grams Rice Krispies
- 100 grams dark chocolate (70%)
- First, cut the Mars chocolate bars into pieces.
- Then, in a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the butter together with the Mars chocolate. Remove from the heat and apply the golden syrup and rum in the melted mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl, add the Rice Krispies, pour the melted mixture over all over them. Mix to incorporate. Apply mixture into a baking tray, press to flat, and then leave to cool.
- In the meantime, cut the dark chocolate into pieces and put in a saucepan; heat over low to melt, stirring constantly; spread over the top of the cake. Allow to set in the refrigerator (covered with plastic or aluminum foil) for 1 hour before serving; then cut into squares. Serve.