In summer you can use many exotic fruits for preparing the most delicious desserts, and this cold lemon cream is one of the smoothest and simplest treat that you can prepare. Lemon is affordable fruit this time of the year and really refreshing – and lemons are typical for many Italian classic desserts. Easy, refreshing, and simple, here is the recipe:
- 200 grams’ mascarpone
- Juice from 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 250 grams heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 ½ teaspoon Limoncello liqueur (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until nice and thick; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the mascarpone until creamy.
- Pour the lemon juice and Limoncello (if using) in a large bowl and combine. Next, add the creamy mascarpone and whipped cream; shortly beat with an electric mixer just to incorporate.
- Refrigerate the cold lemon cream for 20 minutes to set before using.
- You can eat it like a mousse; use it as frosting for cookies and cakes; to decorate pancakes and fruit salads, or simply as a dip. Enjoy!