This is a classic cheesecake recipe that offers a right, well-merged combination of ingredients, which make the cheesecake so beautiful and delicious! It is a good cheesecake recipe for those you never prepare cheesecake before. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar, divided
- 1/3 cups melted butter
- 3 packages (8-ounce each) Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To garnish: 1 can cherry pie filling or caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Combine graham crumbs, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar until well incorporated; press evenly onto bottom of 9-in. springform
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat the remaining sugar along with the cream cheese until blended. Apply sour cream and vanilla extract; whisk to incorporate. Apply eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spread over crust.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove and run a knife around rim of the pan in order to loosen cake; allow to cool before removing rim.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
- Before serving, top with caramel sauce or pie filling (if desired). Slice and serve.