This lava cake (hot and cold) dessert is so rich, chocolatey, moist, and very delicious. The hot and cold combination is quite refreshing and it fits for any season. This is one of the most served desserts in numerous restaurants all over the world and now you can have it at home. It is very easy and quick to prepare – 10 minutes to make plus 10 more to bake and you are done! Here is the recipe:
- 1 stick butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Baking spray to spray the custard cups
- Powdered sugar, to dust
- Strawberry, cherry, mint leaf (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Using a baking spray, spray 4 custard cups and apply on a baking sheet.
- Add the butter, semisweet chocolate, and bitter bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt in a microwave on high until smooth and melted, around 1 minute. Beat in the sugar until well combined. Whisk in whole eggs and egg yolks, then apply the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour. Split the batter among the custard cups.
- Place in the oven and bake until the centers are soft but the sides are firm around 13 minutes. Let them stand one minute, next invert on individual plates while still warm and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- Decorate with strawberries halves, a cherry, and a mint leaf (if desired). Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.