This extra moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is so rich, creamy, and so delicious! If you are a chocolate lover, then this is one of your must-try desserts. Simple and easy to make, you will need 15 minutes to prepare it plus 30 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 squares dark chocolate, melted
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces (4 cups) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ice water
To make the cake:
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Apply eggs, whisking well after each addition. Fold in melted chocolate and mix well to incorporate.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add by turns with ice water. Spread into three 9-in. layer cake pans. Place in the oven and bake at 350°F/180° C/Gas Mark 4 for around 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans and then remove. Cool thoroughly before frosting. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the buttercream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well incorporated.
- Gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar until fluffy and light. Fold in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract; continue mixing until smooth. Finally, spread between the cake layers and all over the top and sides. Slice and serve.