A delicious refreshing dessert, ideal for this season! These gelato biscuit sandwiches are so simple and quick to prepare, mostly because include store-bought ready ingredients, but still you are getting a delicious homemade and unique dessert! Surprise your family and friends with these cute gelato biscuit sandwiches and enjoy the sunny days! Here is the recipe:
- 20-22 round biscuits
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Colorful and/or chocolate sprinkles (to decorate, optional)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cold heavy whipping cream along with 1 teaspoon icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- (The secret to getting the best-whipped cream is to keep both the cream itself, the bowl, and the mixer whisk in the refrigerator before using: the colder the better).
- Now, take a biscuit, fill it with a generous layer of cream; sandwich with another biscuit, pressing lightly. Repeat until you finish the cream and biscuits.
- Decorate the edges of the ice cream biscuit with sprinkles. Apply the gelato sandwich biscuits to set in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
- Remove the gelato sandwich biscuits from the freezer 5-7 minutes before serving (to keep at a room temperature). Serve and enjoy!