This is unique dark chocolate and liqueur mousse cake is extremely chocolatey and creamy. If you are a fan of chocolate desserts then you got to try this one! It has a rich chocolate flavor with a special touch of liqueur. Here is the recipe:
For the chocolate crust:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate biscuits
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the mousse:
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a blender, process the chocolate biscuits into fine crumbs. Then, add the melted butter and vanilla extract and blend again. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and warm water; set aside to set for a few minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk heavy cream and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the instant chocolate pudding mixture according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl in a microwave for 30 sec. or over a double-boiler.
- In the cream mixture, add the chocolate pudding mixture, melted chocolate, and chocolate liqueur. Combine and apply the gelatin mix. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Spread over the prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Slice and serve.