Flourless and easy to digest, this chocolate truffle mousse cake is so rich and chocolatey! If you like to experience a real and deep chocolate taste then this must be it! Your family and friends will love it! Prepare it and enjoy one of the most delicious chocolate desserts. It will take you just 15 minutes to prepare it plus around 45 minutes to bake. Here is the recipe:
- 2 ¼ cup (18 oz.) chopped dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas Mark 2. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, pour water, sugar, and salt; place over medium heat and stir until completely dissolved; set aside.
- In another small saucepan, add the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips and melt over low heat. Set aside.
- Cut the butter into pieces and apply it in the mixing bowl, then pour over the melted chocolate. Using an electric mixer, beat until well blended.
- Then, whisk in the warm sugar/water mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs, one at a time until smooth. Apply vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Apply the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the cake pan in a larger pan; fill the larger pan with boiling water until it ranges halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath in the preheated oven for 45 minutes (the edges will look done while the center of the cake will still look wet).
- Next, remove the cake from the water bath; allow to cool on a wire rack. Then, let the cake to chill entirely overnight (or 7 hours) in the pan.
- Carefully remove the cake and place it on a serving plate; sprinkle with cocoa powder (if desired)! Slice and serve.