This chocolate peanut butter cake topped with marshmallow is so soft, creamy, and yummy! If you are peanut butter and chocolate lover, plus you like nice toppings then this decadent cake is just for you! Simple and easy to make, here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 14 tablespoons salted butter, soft
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
For the filling:
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, soft
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- a pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 1⁄4-ounce packages unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Grease and oil a 9-inch cake tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat both sugars and butter until creamy.
- Apply the egg and beat well.
- Pour milk, vanilla, cocoa, and flour; whisk until you get a smooth dough.
- Next, pour batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, beat together butter, sugar, peanut butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cake in half and spread the cream on the bottom cake. Sandwich with the other half.
- Now, prepare the topping: in a medium mixing bowl add the water and sprinkle gelatin over; let stand for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup, sugar, and add 1⁄4 cup water.
- Put the saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil and allow boiling for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and slowly pour the boiling mixture into the mixing bowl with gelatin.
- Sprinkle salt and continue mixing for 10 minutes.
- Apply vanilla extract; mix until well blended.
- Next, use a cooking spray to spray a spatula and spread mixture evenly over cake. Cut it with a warm knife. Serve.