This chocolate fairy-tale tart is so rich, creamy, and fantastic! Everybody loves chocolate and this dessert is a proof for that! You cannot eat just one piece! So chocolatey and so delicious! Prepare it for the weekend and enjoy! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 28 finely grated chocolate wafers (like Nabisco Famous) – 1 ½ cups
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) melted unsalted butter, cooled
For the filling:
- 1/2 lb. high-quality bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped hazelnuts or cocoa powder (optional)
To make the crust:
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Wrap a sheet of foil over bottom of 8-inch/20 cm springform pan and lightly butter side of the pan.
- Using a food processor or blender, process the wafers. Then, in a bowl, stir together butter and blended wafers until combined. Press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake until slightly puffed, around 9-10 minutes; cool entirely in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. (Do not turn off the oven). In the meantime, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and chocolate stirring until smooth. After that, remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Fold in chocolate mixture and mix just to incorporate.
- Pour filling into crust; rap pan once on counter to remove potential air bubbles. Place in the oven and bake until filling is set (but slightly puffed and center trembles slightly when gently shaken) – around 20 minutes. (it will continue to set as it cools.)
- Cool it completely in pan on a rack, around 2 hours; then chill, uncovered, until firm, around 3-4 hours. Before serving, remove side of the pan, sprinkle with cocoa, slice and serve.