You can make one of the most delicious chocolate cakes just with a few simple ingredients. Rich taste and well moist, this amazing chocolate cake with stale bread is that one dessert that you can make any time! Surprise your family and friends with a delicious piece of chocolate cake – they will love it! Following, you can read the recipe:
- 500 grams of stale bread
- 700 ml whole milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40 grams dark cocoa
- 50 grams chopped walnuts (or other nuts of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a 24 cm in diameter baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk just to warm it (not to boil it).
- In a large bowl, crush the bread into pieces and pour the warm milk over it. Stir with a spatula to combine; set aside for 3 minutes (so the bread can absorb the milk).
- Next, add the sugar, eggs, and chopped nuts. Using a spatula, combine the mixture well.
- Spread mixture in the baking pan. Using a spatula, smooth the top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 35 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven, gently unmold and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving. Slice and serve.