If you are looking for a chocolatey and moist cake recipe, then this one is the ideal treat for you! Simple and easy to prepare, plus your kitchen will smell like a desert paradise! The cinnamon provides a special touch to this cake and combined with the chocolate makes a real magic in cooking. Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon canella powder
- 100 grams sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Cocoa powder or chocolate ganache, to garnish (if desired)
- Cinnamon stick, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- First, chop the chocolate; add it to the diced butter and melt together in a bain-marie; stirring frequently until smooth. Remove and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, separate egg yolks and whites. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with 2 tablespoons sugar and apply to the chocolate and butter mixture. Add the cinnamon powder and combine well. Set aside.
- Now, beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar until you get a shiny and firm mixture. Then, gently stir in the egg yolk chocolate mixture. Whisk shortly to incorporate.
- Next, line an oblong rectangular cake tin (medium size: approx. 12″/30cm) with a baking paper. Pour the cake mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake around 35 minutes or just until an inserted tester in the center of the cake comes out dry. Then let it cool entirely before removing from the cake tin and removing the baking paper.
- You can garnish with a cocoa powder, icing sugar or chocolate ganache and decorate with a cinnamon stick (if desired). Slice and serve.