This fudgy chocolate cake with only 3 ingredients is such a yummy dessert that does not require much time or effort to prepare it, which make is it ideal for all the beginners in the kitchen. Plus, you can make it 2-ingredient if you don’t have or want to put chocolate chips in the preparation! Isn’t it amazing?! Here are the instructions:
For the cake:
- 260 grams high-quality chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, yolks, and whites separated
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
To serve (optional):
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease 15 cm (6-inch) round cake mold.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and melt (1 minute on high speed).
- Separate the egg yolks from whites in two small mixing bowls. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Apply the egg yolks, one by one, into the melted chocolate, whisking to incorporate.
- With a rubber spatula, slowly fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate and egg yolk mixture. Then, repeat with the remaining whites, applying one third at a time. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake mold. Bake for 22-28 minutes, then let it rest until the cake is cool to the touch. Slowly invert it onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of ice cream (if desired).